Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 4 Free Agent Pickups and News

I've kind of been frustrated with a couple of my decisions so far this year. There are two runningbacks that I've seen and had an opportunity to pick up, but didn't pull the trigger because I didn't think would pan out. But when it comes to picking up busts, I'm doing great. Brandon Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Fred Taylor, oh my.

I saw Mike Tolbert putting up numbers after Ryan Matthews injury but ignored him. I actually picked up Ryan Torian of the Washington Redskins last week but dropped him in favor of picking up the injured Reggie Bush.

Ryan Torian is going to be the biggest free agent pickup of this weekend. He is looking primed to take over as starting runningback for the Redskins because Clinton Portis is a little beat up.

I also ignored BenJarvus Green-Ellis because I didn't think any New England Patroit running back was ever worth owning. He is also proving me wrong (at least this week) by getting the majority of the carries and a rushing TD. I doubt either of these players are left to pick up, but make sure you do if either is available.

I wouldn't bother picking up either running back that the Saints ran out there on Sunday. Neither Ladell Betts or Christopher Ivory really did anything productive. If you need a place kicker next week, I would recommend you pick up the Saints John Carney. He was 3 for 3 on field goals and New Orleans plays an Arizona Cardinals team that has given up 41 points twice.

Mike Vick got injured on Sunday, but I wouldn't rush to pick up Kevin Kolb as the Eagles looked completely out of sync with him at the helm. Also, LeSean McCoy has been reported to have fractured a rib in the same game. Look to pick up running back Mike Bell if LeSean McCoy missing next week's game.

It might be time to cut Mike Sims-Walker as he did not have a reception for the second game this season. He also has two catches or less in 7 of his last 9 games, dating back to last year.

Keep an eye out for Santonio Holmes return this week for the New York Jets after a four game suspension. Braylon Edwards is currently the number 1 wide receiver but Santonio may cut into his production. Ben Roethlisberger also comes back from suspension but the Steelers have a bye week this week.

One more thing to keep an eye on is Green Bay's running game. In particular, Marshawn Lynch has been rumored to be drawing intest from both the Packers and Eagles.

Sidney Rice may not be coming back as soon as expected. He is reportedly still on cruches and may not be back any time close to the week 9 projection. You might not want to keep him on your roster if you need help now during the fantasy football bye weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment