Friday, September 23, 2011

Beginning 2011 Fantasy Football Notes

So, once again I was a little too busy with my work to finish any of the Fantasy Football lists on my website this year. Sorry about the ones of you who actually are reading this and are bummed that I didn't finish the pre-draft rankings.

I've been so busy recently that I only had time to sign up for 2 leagues this year. I may get back into posting my pickup specials on a weekly basis.

Would you like a couple of freebies? I know you do. You are going to want to pick up both of the RBs if you get the chance: Bernard Scott (Cincinnati Bengals) and DeMarco Murray (Dallas Cowboys).

I have a feeling that Murray is going to have a break out game against the Redskins this weekend. As for Bernard Scott, word from the league is that the starting RB Cedric Benson will be suspended for 3 games because of the off-season incident with the police.

Early 2011 FFL Notes


From now on, I'm going to make it a point to draft the Houston Texans backup running back. Don't waste the pick until the late rounds, but the Texans are slowly becoming the new Denver Broncos with the running game. Ben Tate is poised to take over the starting spot from Arian Foster, which Foster had previously done to Steve Slaton. I wouldn't be surprised if any marginal RB can be a productive starter in the Texans offense.

The new Brandon Lloyd for the Denver Broncos this year is Eric Decker. He is averaging over 20 yards a reception while Lloyd himself is banged up and most likely will not put up numbers close to last year.

Peyton Hillis is for real. I don't know how this is the case but he should have been one of the top 5 draft picks taken this year. I saw him fall to the 3rd round in one of my drafts and I'm kicking myself for not taking him.

Even though Kansas City was awful in their first two games and lost their star RB for the year, this should be a good year for WR Dwayne Bowe because Matt Cassel is still a good QB. The same can not be said for the receivers playing for the Colts. Be prepared for Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon to have seasons much like Steve Smith had last year in Carolina.

Finally, I would like to select my can't miss kicker of the weekend. I have two of them that I like. First, any New Orleans Saints kicker and this week it is John Kasay. My second pick is Rob Bironas from the Tennessee Titans. Denver has a bend but don't break defense that has been giving up a lot of field goals. Even though Bironas has missed two field goals, one of them was from 67 yards and he is essentially 4 out of 5 this year.

Injuries


Obviously injuries can hurt a Fantasy Football team for a week or longer. Last week, my team lost Michael Vick, Malcolm Floyd and Jamal Charles during the game. There wasn't a whole lot of chance for me to win.

This makes picking up backups and replacements a huge part of competing in any league. Do you want a good source to find out the latest FF news?

I always make it a point to visit NFL Blogs every day to see if there is a free agent that you should pop on.

I hope to update my website and keep posting more often on this blog, but life sometimes dictates otherwise and doing something I don't get paid for means it often has to be put on the back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment