Monday, September 24, 2007

More Maddenisms - This time on Monday night

Well no sooner than I posted my Mike Shanahan post, Sean Payton two-ups him on the Madden scale by not only going for it on fourth and 1 from the Saint's own 45 yard line, but doing so in the first quarter and throwing a very incomplete 40 yard bomb. "What do you mean 'Hail Mary' didn't work?! There's no way the computer saw that play coming on 4th and 1. And Drew Brees doesn't throw that inaccurately, and I saw that receiver break open for a second."

As we speak ... the Madden "unstoppable momentum" has set in and Tennessee scores easily to shove it right back in Payton's face.

I guess I'm going to have to rethink my pregame thoughts. One part I'm going to get dead right: neither Bush or McAllister are going to get to the century mark in rushing, and they might not get it combined, either. (Yes, I guess the Saints really are as bad as they've looked)

No comments:

Post a Comment