Monday, September 10, 2007

The real start of my blog - with a bang

Never have I deserved to lose a game more. I had five starters with three points or less and boy was I pissed at my team. I watched the stat tracker barely move for most of the Sunday morning and afternoon games. It was like the forces that be decided that a watched stat tracker doesn't boil. The best was, in the span 10 minutes, my team lost 12 points (couple touchdowns score on the D and three fumbles) and didn't make it back up until near the end of the afternoon games. I had scored 56 points, only because my receivers bailed me out. My team was done and now I'm questioning most of my draft picks.

Never say die while playing your fantasy football competition ... ever. Sometimes, that is hard to swallow. Especially when you get a combined 4 points out of your top two picks overall (Steven Jackson and Maurice Jones-Drew, thanks guys!) and your down to your last player down 41 points (97-56). They only good thing, if can even be called that at this point, is that my week 1 opponent was done for the week. So, if there was some way I could get Tony Romo to get 42 points ...

I'm not going to lie to you; I completely gave up on this matchup. I did not watch most of the Cowboys-Giants game. I turned off my stat tracker. I had given this game up and was pinning my hopes on my other fantasy team which needs about 40-45 points out of five players tonight when low and behold, the Tony Romo Express interveened and stole the show. You have got to be kidding me, Romo. 345 yards and 4 touchdowns passing, 11 yards and a touch rushing, 1 interception. 42 Points! I win by one! Hahahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment