Sunday, September 30, 2007

Went to the Lions well once too often

Well, right on queue, my first weekly NFL spread pick of the week went south ... in a hurry.

Chicago's in some big time trouble right about now. An interception return for a touchdown, a kickoff return for a touchdown, a Lions rushing touchdown, and 2 passing touchdowns ... oh and one blocked extra point for a robust 34 points scored by the Detroit Lions in the fourth quarter.

Are you freaking kidding me? Make that an NFL record 34 points in the fourth quarter for the Lions ... and they finish the game with 37 points.

286 yards, 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions for Greise on 51 passing attempts. Where's the running game? Where was the defense in the fourth quarter? Why are you passing 51 times in a game that you were up 13-3 at the start of the fourth?

This game was in the bank ... I already earmarked it as a lock. Where's Rex Grossman when you need him ... oh yeah that's right. And I don't think the defense can use the same excuse this week as they made last week. I don't think the Lions offense really "wore them down."

So far, it seems like any well-reasoned thought that I post on this board gets blown back in my face with the double-gooch, and Nelson from the Simpsons laughing at me. No Whammy! No Whammy! No Whammy! STOP! Aw man! And I really wanted that 1986 Yugo and $800.

That makes me 0-1 for my pick of the week. Let's roll on with this exercise in futility ... next week baby! Going for 1-1. (You suck Bears)

No comments:

Post a Comment