Saturday, September 29, 2007

Week 3 in Review - Who's Hot

Gotta love the work week. I wish I had more time to get on this blog and my Fantasy Football website. I'm going to hammer down some blogs and updates for my site tonight. I've still got a lot to do before the games start on Sunday. The sooner I get it up, the better. Hopefully, in the future weeks, I will be able to get all of this done before the week end.

Full version of the Week 3 results

Quarterback -

1) Tom Brady – 311 yards and 4 touchdowns passing, 2 yards rushing, 1 fumbleActual week 3 Quarterback rank - #2There is no limit to the effectiveness of Tom Brady’s quarterbacking ability. I am convinced that with the addition of Randy Moss, New England could go 15-1 this year. I don’t know who the one loss will be to, but I’m not ready to anoint any team with an undefeated record.

2) Drew Brees –225 yards passing, 4 interceptions, 9 yards rushing, 1 fumbleActual week 3 Quarterback rank – better off not starting a QuarterbackOh so close on this pick … well not really. Nothing like a 0-5 touchdown-to-turnover ratio. Now I know that Tennessee’s defense was pretty stout again Peyton Manning in week 2, but they aren’t that good; Drew was horrible. The Saints’ offense looked confused and disoriented. Worse yet, Deuce McAllister is out for the season. All and all, it was about as bad a game as could be for New Orleans.

3) Matt Hasselbeck –248 yards and 3 touchdowns passing, 2 interceptions, -1 yard rushingActual week 3 Quarterback rank - #6Good game out of Hasselbeck, but I don’t know how often you can expect this kind of a game out of him. Cincinnati’s defense obviously had a much better game, in comparison to week 2 against Cleveland; but it will definitely be the Bengals downfall for the foreseeable future.

4) Jon Kitna –446 yards and 2 touchdowns passing, 1 interception, 2 fumblesActual week 3 Quarterback rank - #7Jon Kitna had the exact kind of game that I expected out of him. Without a running game, Kitna is likely going to throw his arm out before long; not to mention the fact that the more he throws, the more he gets hit, the more likely he gets injured, and the more likely the Lions are out of any serious contention for a playoff spot.

5) Carson Palmer –342 yards and 1 touchdown passing, 2 interceptions, -1 yard rushingActual week 3 Quarterback rank - #16For the first time I can remember, Carson looked confused and Chad Johnson looked upset. Palmer was completely off on his timing for most of the second half. He is going to have to play a near perfect game this week to avoid falling to 1-3 against the Patriots this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment