Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 3 NFL Spread picks

Ouch! Let's just put it this way, I started off 3-0 with my picks; but that's about all that went right with my NFL spread picks. You think after touting up the Eagles for my suicide pick that I would have picked them to win the spread. No, silly me for thinking the Lions would actually be close in a game that involved the Eagles. The line was 6 1/2. There was a few late game turns that went against me, the New York Jets, Oakland and Minnesota. That said, it still takes some kind of skill to pick eight straight losers.

So for the week, I went a paltry 6-10:

Arizona +7 1/2 - Winner
Green Bay +4 1/2 - Winner
Indianapolis -5 1/2 - Winner
Minnesota +2 1/2 - Loser
Buffalo +15 1/2 - Loser
New York Jets -3 1/2 - Loser
Detroit +6 1/2 - Loser
San Francisco +8 1/2 - Loser
St Louis +3 1/2 - Loser
Denver -3 1/2 - Loser
Oakland -3 1/2 - Loser
Cincinnati +3 1/2 - Winner
Carolina -3 1/2 - Winner
Washington -4 1/2 - Loser
Dallas +3 1/2 - Winner
New Orleans -4 1/2 Loser

My record coming into the weekend was 18-14, meaning that I've effectively loss my status of being over .500 on the year.

Current record after week 3: 24-24

Next week, a little more well thought out picks are in order. Now, because of the upcoming bye weeks, the NFL will only be playing 14 games per week. In my case, anything less than 8-6 on my picks next week is a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment